Thursday, March 4, 2010

Motion and Inspiration

The word "motion" has so many meanings. In a court setting, one could be referring to a "motion to suppress." On the other hand, a passenger on a cruise ship would most likely be referring to the "motion" of the ocean or "motion" sickness, if they had developed that while vacationing. "Motion" can also refer to dancing, moving one's body, or using motion to express oneself.

I found a very interesting website, which I posted below. On this website, one is asked to type in a word. There is a button with "Inspire me!" written on it to the left. Once the button is clicked, a plethora of images, colors, and videos show up on the page that are all representative of the word that one just typed in. I typed in the word "Motion" due to the fact that I was just dancing around my room to Michael Jackson's hit song "Thriller." Embarrassing to admit... I know.

I was intrigued by the sentence directly above the search box that said, "Inspiration is fleeting... this page will be different later." I found this fascinating, because I have found this to be true in my life. The thing that gets one going one day will not necessarily do the same thing the next day. Below the search box was a quote relevant to the word that I typed in.
I clicked on the color palette that I felt expressed how I am feeling this morning (shown above). This seemed rather ironic to me... right after choosing the colors, the title of the color scheme popped up and it was called "Motion of the Ocean." I think that this website is very interesting and would be fun to explore on different days when I am looking for inspiration in a different way.

Websites:
http://ideas.bighugelabs.com/?q=motion

No comments:

Post a Comment