Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What is creativity?

I know that we have discussed creativity quite in depth in our Advertising: Intro to Creativity class. As I was studying for the midterm exam, I started to wonder what specifically inspires me to be creative. I am really not sure what it is at this moment. I think it may be the people around me or the way I choose to spend my leisure time, but how can I be certain? Sometimes I get motivation to do certain things by spending time outside and appreciating nature. I know that I think best when I am in a quiet place, but sometimes it can be too quiet, and the silence can cause me to be unable to think of anything creative at all.

I believe that I gain energy from the people around me, and I love making others smile. I am not sure how this would relate to creativity other than the fact that it reinforces the thought that I have of being inspired by others. I think I can see myself mostly agreeing with Teresa Amabile and Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi with the Social-Personality Tradition. I feel that I fit in this perspective, because I gain energy and motivation from others (personality variables and motivational variables components), as well as the fact that I excel in certain environments more than others (sociocultural environment).

No comments:

Post a Comment