Monday, March 1, 2010

You don't realize how lucky you are until it is gone...

As I was walking to Tom Thumb this afternoon to purchase a snack in the cold rain, I realized I was really lucky to have a car. If you have read my previous post "Lovers Lane and Greenville Avenue," then you already know why I do not currently have a car that is able to be driven. It has not even been four days, and I am already feeling restricted. There really is no reason for me to feel this way, because I did not have a car at any point during my freshman year at SMU. I think once I had a car here this summer, I grew accustomed to the thought of always being able to go wherever it may be that I desired. As of now, I can only go where I can walk.

I feel that this situation is common amongst people that are very blessed with many things. Not having a car when I have gotten used to having one is an example of this, but this happens on many greater levels as well.

It is really something to look at when you begin to take blessings or privileges in your life for granted. When you get into a regular routine, it can be easy to forget to appreciate things in life, which is very unfortunate. I hope that you take away from this that it is important to be aware of how blessed we all are and not to take things that we have for granted, because you never know when they could be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment