Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Sunscreen Please.

Doesn't everyone look good with a bit of color? I mean I know I'd prefer to have a tanned glow rather than sport the pasty pale look. We've all heard various stories of terrible sunburns and the damaging effects that sun can have the skin of humans. I have always chose to tune these warnings out. Maybe I'm one of those people that thinks "Hey... It can't happen to me!" Well, I'm reconsidering that thought after stumbling upon this...

NASA has recently released new images and video of the sun. By going to the link below, one can view footage taken of an eruption happening on the sun's surface. This footage was taken by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere near an erupting volcano... so why do I think it's okay to expose my skin to an erupting sun?



I mean I'm not planning on covering up one hundred percent of my body in sun-protectant fabric, but this article has made me not think twice about considering to apply sunscreen on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment