Wednesday, April 28, 2010

rawrrr mammoth cheese


So I was at Eatzi's grabbing dinner with my roommate about a week ago. I mean who doesn't love Eatzi's? The only downfall is that I always walk out having spent about three times as much as I intended. It's the free samples that get me... always. Speaking of free samples, I saw a really odd one when I was there. I mean I suppose it wasn't odd, but the more I thought about it, the odder it became.

"Rawrrr Mammoth Cheese" was written on a small chalkboard next to a cheese sample display. I guess, knowing just this, it wasn't that weird, because a mammoth could easily "rawrr." This is why it struck me as odd... the "rawrr" was in a speech bubble coming out of a tiny mouse's mouth. Did I miss something? I mean I get the "rawrr" and mammoth correlation, as well as the cheese and mouse correlation, but since when does a mouse say "rawrr? It would be kind of like saying a lizard should bark, isn't it?" I started thinking about it even more and thought maybe the mouse was so excited about the cheese that he or she was going to attack the cheese and that was why the particular expression was chosen. I still don't know, but I do think it was odd that they would include a mouse.

In the end, I actually ended up buying the cheese, and it was quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment