Saturday, April 24, 2010

Puppy LOVE



Friday, April 23, 7:00P.M. Hinsdale, Illinois, about 20 miles outside of Chicago. A squeal is heard from inside of a small cottage house. There has been a coyote attack.

Man Down... or shall I say Dog. Mandy, a five year old West Highland White Terrier (Westie), has been terribly wounded by two coyotes while lounging in the backyard.

As it so happens, three houses down there is another Westie, by the name of Adelaide, safely in her home. Little does she know, one of her friends has been bit. Thankfully, Addy was inside when the coyotes attacked. For all one knows, it could have been her.

Mandy's owners run outside at the sound of her squealing and rush her to the emergency room, where she gets stitches and is hooked up to an IV. Eighteen hours later, she is now home and recovering, however, still on her IV.

Life is precious. Be careful to watch over those you love. Addy is my dog (pictured above), and the most joyful twelve pounds of love one will ever meet. When my mom called and told me about this, I could not believe it. I was so thankful that Addy wasn't the victim of this brutal attack. With this in mind, I will always make sure to show people in my life that I love them... before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment