Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If I could invent something...



If I could invent something, it would be a way to shower and get ready for the day more efficiently. I love being clean and looking my best, however, I feel that sometimes it can be a gigantic hassle for girls. It is quite lovely being in a warm shower, but the big drawback is when one has to get out and they are both soaking wet and freezing. It's not that being wet is that bad, because it is easy for one to dry off. The worst is having soaking wet, long hair.

I grew up in Chicago, where the winters are obviously very, very cold. Although people in the south may have never experienced this for themselves, trust me when I tell you that it is not fun to go outside with wet hair in the winter and have your hair freeze. Yes, it does happen. And one does not need to be laying out in the snow or going on a long walk to experience this phenomena... this can occur in as little time as it takes to run from one's car to the door of their school. Even though other times of the year are not as brutal as the winter, I still find it incredibly uncomfortable to have a sopping wet mane of hair on my back at any time.

I propose a solution to this problem, which would be my invention of an efficient shower machine. This machine would be a box shape with a square base (about four feet by four feet), and it would extend to a reasonable height. This machine would essentially be a "car wash" for the human body. The machine would go through various steps such as rinsing, spraying soap, shampooing and conditioning one's hair, rinsing again, and drying with air. This process would take at most twenty minutes, depending on the length of one's hair and how dirty the person was. There would be different settings, similar to a laundry machine, so that one could set the level of cleaning to such that would be appropriate for their needs each time that they used the machine.

With this invention, people would definitely be more adamant on keeping themselves in great shape. Also, this would cut down on people getting sick in cold climates, because they no longer would have to go outside with wet hair. My shower machine would really be a winning deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment