Sunday, February 21, 2010

What is LOVE?


I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far at SMU. There is really not one thing that I could complain about. However, there is one thing that strikes me kind of oddly about the students around the SMU campus, or atleast the group of them that I hang around with.

The word "love" is really overused. It is to the point that I feel as if it has lost meaning somewhat.

Everyone loves almost everything and almost everyone. As I have said in a previous post, I am totally for loving the world, and I see the glass always as being "half full" as opposed to being "half empty." However, I find it impossible for everyone at SMU to really love everyone else. There is definitely a destinction between caring about someone deeply enough to say that you love them and enjoying being around someone. I don't really know where this distinction is, and I myself am struggling where to draw the line.

It is definitely something to think about though...

No comments:

Post a Comment