Friday, February 26, 2010

Lovers Lane and Greenville Avenue


Everything flashed before me. I do not know if I have ever been shaken up so hard before.
I was coming back from running an errand with one of my friends. We were just passing Central Market and were approaching the corner of Lover's Lane and Greenville Avenue when it happened. When I saw the car in front of mine's break lights light up, I started to ease into breaking my own vehicle.
Only the vehicle did not break. When I pressed the break pedal, the car accelerated. I freaked out, and had no idea what to do. My instinct directed me, and I turned the steering wheel sharply so that I could get into the open lane, which was to my right. There was not enough time.... The left front corner of my car was scraping into the rear right corner of the car in front of me. I pulled into the parking lot of the "Shuck 'N Jive" restaurant, which was directly to my right. I got out of the car and looked at the damage. I could not believe my eyes. I immediately began sobbing and shaking uncontrollably.

It turns out that my particular car (year and model) had been recalled, because there were problems with the brake pedal causing the car to accelerate in other vehicles similar to mine. Well, I had known about this. Upon first hearing the news, I promptly brought my car to the dealer where it was purchased and had it checked out. They assured me that my car was fine and would not malfunction in this manner.

Well it did. I do not know what is going to happen next, because this event took place just a few hours ago. All I can say is that I am still shaking, have a headache, and feel sick to my stomach. I have absolutely no desire to drive anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment