Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is the state of your union?

The union that I wish to discuss is between my three other roommates and myself. Our state is chaos. From the endless piles of clothes lying around in every possible inch of the common areas to the skyscrapers of gross dishes stacked high in our sink. No one listens to anyone else. No one cares. I think everyone besides myself and my one other roommate has had a full time housekeeper since the day that they were born. No one wants to place blame, yet no one wants to clean up someone else's mess.

The year started off with people trying to help out by pitching in even the slightest bit, say unloading the dishwasher. From there it has completely and utterly gone downhill. Probably to be more realistic, let's say it has gone from its peak and fallen off of a sharp cliff. Has anyone ever heard the words "respect for others"? Obviously not in this case.

Bad news... laziness rubs off on others. At this point in time, let me just leave you with a word of advice. You know the five second rule? This concept is where if something drops on the ground, and it only remains there for a time period of less than five seconds or less it is still okay to eat. Five second rule out the window. Last time our floor was mopped, wiped, or swept? Dinosaurs might have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment